Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Vision Statement

purpose of this blog:
  • To help me stay accountable
  • To remind myself of what works & what doesn't
  • To keep track of highs and lows
  • To record progress & changes
  • To post random things that I find and like

this is my virtual "diary."
  • I write in first person
  • Most posts = random streams of consciousness
  • Other posts = random Pinterest, YouTube, and blogging finds
  • A handful of posts = random lists (I love lists!)
  • Punctuation & spelling don't matter ...ain't nobody got time for that!
  • I talk to myself; When I say "you," I really mean "I" (i.e. "you did it!" = "I did it!")

this blog is NOT:
  • About comments, page views, or sponsors
  • Written for an audience
  • Perfect... nor do I want it to be

although this is my "diary," I will NOT:
  • Make it ugly... I'm super OCD about making sure that paper journals look pretty, an electronic one is no exception to the rule
  • Write like an 8-year-old ...or in IM-speak (I H8 wh3n ppl type lyk di$)
  • Share my deepest darkest secrets
  • Draw a bazillion tiny hearts around my crush's name
  • ...Or practice my "Mrs. Brad Pitt" signature

and although this is a blog, I will NOT:
  • Ask for advice, comments, concerns, and/or any other form of input
  • ... same goes for offering advice, comments, and/or any other form of input
  • Be super boring ...at least not intentionally
  • Be super funny ...I try, I fail, shit gets awkward real fast

This is something that I needed to put in writing.  I don't want to lose sight of why I started this blog.  A couple of times, I've caught myself writing as if I were talking to viewers.  I need to shake that mentality.  This is MY place for MY thoughts.  No one else knows about this blog, and for now, it is going to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment