Pages

Friday 19 July 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall


so I have this mirror...

I like to call it my "magic mirror."

It is tilted at just the right angle and reflects just the right amount of sunlight.
It makes my legs look lean and my tummy look toned. 
It gives my skin the perfect golden glow. 

And while I know it's not an accurate reflection,
the magic mirror makes me feel good about myself.

When I prance and pose in front of that mirror, I forget about the flaws --
the stretch marks, the jiggle, the cellulite. 

For that fleeting moment I am the person in the mirror,
and I am happy. 

Sure, it may sound shallow and stupid -- maybe even a little disillusioned.

I know that happiness shouldn't be based on appearance.
But that is how I feel at this stage of my life.
It is a state-of-mind that cannot be translated into words.

it just is....

No comments:

Post a Comment