Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Running to the Funny Farm

{BABY HORSE = LOVE}

{VIEW FROM TODAY'S RUN}

random confession:
Whenever I go for a run/jog/walk I like to pretend I'm in a movie.  Sometimes I pretend I'm in an intense/sexy chase scene (like in Fast 5); Other times I pretend I'm fighting for survival somewhere in nature (like in the Hunger Games); Then there are times that I pretend I'm a super motivating athlete that actually finds running fun/peaceful (like in a Nike commercial)... It could be anything, really. Usually the scene matches whatever song I'm listening to at the time.  My friends think this is absolutely bonkers. But I can't be the only one that does this, right? ...RIGHT!? Or am I? Eek, what if I really am losing my marbles!? Don't judge me.

Anyway, the point of this story: I WENT FOR A RUN TODAY!!!! yey :)
  • It was brutal. Very, very brutal.
  • I had very little energy to get out of the car and run
  • When I heard weird animal/sex noises coming out of the parked car next to me (true story), I found the energy to get out of my car and run (like, seriously people!?)
  • It was beautiful weather! 70F, clear skies, no humidity. PERFECT running weather
  • Horse Barn Hill is really pretty in the summer. All the baby animals were out and I fell in love every time I ran past them.
  • I am definitely NOT a runner. I cursed my inability to keep a steady pace the entire time.
  • I have no idea how people manage to keep a steady pace without getting bored/tired (my runs are all over the place: jog, sprint, jog, walk, walk, walk, walk, jog, sprint, walk, sprint, walk, walk/crawl, run, walk, attempt to sprint the final stretch but end up looking like a one legged zombie flailing in the wind, crawl, assume fetal position)
  • I am really craving fro-yo. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment