Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Nomad Status


home is where the ____ is.
As I find myself in a temporary state of homelessness, I can't help but to reflect on the number of times I've relocated in the past year... 5 to be exact.
  1. AUG 2012 - NOV 2012: UniLodge in Melbourne, Australia with K.R.
  2. DEC 2012 - JAN 2013: Home to Massachusetts for the holidays
  3. JAN 2013 - MAY 2013: A 2-bedroom apartment near UCONN with K.R.
  4. JUN 2013 - JUL 2013: Subleased a house in CT with 3 other grad students (bleh)
  5. AUG 2013 - ??: Currently getting ready to move in to a new studio apartment!
Tomorrow I FINALLY move in to my very own place.  No more messy housemates, no more apartment hunting, and no more sore back!  For the past week, I've been sleeping on my sister's futon, driving over an hour to get to work in the morning, and living off of fast food.  I can't find my glasses... or my birth control ...or my credit card - everything is in the mess that is my car right now.  I've been wearing awkward clothes that have been in musky-basement storage.  I don't know where my razor is so I look like Chewbaka's twin sister; Thank goodness I keep a spare deodorant in my Longchamp, otherwise I would probably smell like her too!  I haven't been eating vegan because I come from a family of devout carnivores. I haven't been able to weight myself because my scale is packed away somewhere.  My face is breaking out and I can't tell if it's from stress or the fact that my ProActive has been inaccessible.  Wah, I don't mean to whine...

I just want my life back!

No comments:

Post a Comment