Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Post #69: Meal Prep


yawn.
Ugh, I'm exhausted!  But it's a good kind of exhausted.  It's a wow-I-got-a-lot-done exhausted.

I spent 4 hours at the library working on my paper, listening to new music for a potential gym playlist, and looking up healthy vegan recipes.

After the library I "went to the gym."  The quotation marks are to say that I physically went to the gym, I just didn't actually go in to the gym.  Get it? Got it? Good.  I hadn't been to that particular location before so I wanted to do a mini-test run.  I was planning on working out (I swear!) but I completely forgot that they close at 5 on Sundays; Hence my "going to the gym"

However the trip wasn't a complete waste of gas time because the grocery store is right next door -- How convenient!  Equipped with my shopping list as a grocery basket, I was able to get everything I needed.  Half an hour and $50 later, I was good to go!

I spent 90-minutes chopping, boiling, mixing and saran-wrapping so that I would be ready for the upcoming week!  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I went full out Iron-Chef on this weeks meal prep -- okay, maybe I'm exaggerating just a littleee ;)

this week's menu
PRE GYM: mini bagel with peanut butter; coffee with almond milk
BREKKIE: plum; twenty raw almonds; master cleanse lemonade
LUNCH: pasta salad loaded with lots of veggies; kale chips
SNACK: three Oreos with almond milk
DINNER: vegan quesadilla with avocado; sweet potato

I have the smallest fridge ever (see EXHIBIT A) so I was nervous that everything wouldn't fit.  But it all worked out; as it often tends to do.

[EXHIBIT A] a fuzzy iPhone photo of my teeny-tiny fridge, ready to take on the week!
vegan quesadillas in the freezer; pasta salad, almond milk and fruit below

No comments:

Post a Comment