Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Music Makes Me Happy

dirty little secret
I've discovered the secret to waking up early and getting my ass to gym! The best part?  It's pretty simple.  All it takes isssss ...MUSIC! Last night I put together a great playlist of recently downloaded songs, and this morning I went to the gym for the first time in months.  See the correlation?  I'm sure there are other factors that contributed, but music was the straw that broke the camel's back (in a good way).  Maybe I was subconsciously so excited to hear the new songs that instead of pressing the snooze button, I put on my sneakers and got ready to go.  I know it sounds crazy, but it's the only logical explanation.  I've been trying so hard to get to the gym for the past two weeks and today I finally did.  What did I do different?  Had a new playlist ready to go.

current playlist
I'm only going to listen to songs from my iTunes while I'm at the gym; that way they stay new and exciting (unlike those songs that they play over and over and over on the radio -- gag).  So next time I am in a gym-slump, I will just download some kickass music, create a kickass playlist, and hit the gym for a kickass workout.  So simple!  Here's what I was jamming out to during my 30-minute treadmill sesh...
bet ya can't listen to this without getting out of your seat to dance along ...I dare ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment