Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Overly Excited Morning Post



I feel good...
You'll never guess where I just came from!!! ...or maybe I should say you'll never BELIEVE where I just came from! ...I'll give you a hint.  It starts with G and it sounds a lot like like "Jim."  That's right!!!! I FINALLY DID IT! I successfully completed a morning workout.  After two weeks of snoozing my 5:30 alarm, I finally dragged my ass out of bed and made it to the gym.  And man, does it feel good!

na na na na na na na
Okay so it took me two full weeks of trying super hard to get to the gym.  This morning something just clicked.  In the past I've tried different techniques, but last night was the first night that I combined all techniques.  Here's how it played out...

  • Slept in my gym clothes (including sports bra)
  • Drank water before bed so I wouldn't be dehydrated in the morning
  • Put my alarm on the other side of the room.
  • Created a new playlist of fun music and added it to my phone (this also charged my phone)
  • Picked out an outfit for work the night before
  • Pre-packed my gym bag with water, a sweat towel, deodorant, extra headphones and a mini umbrella
  • Put a sweatshirt and headband on top of my gym bag along with a pair of socks, sneakers, and baggy sweatpants
  • Made sure my keys were by the door
  • Created a plan of attack before bed.  Which machine did I want to use? How long? What program?
  • Read over the reasons that I want to lose weight
  • When I wake up, I usually crawl back into my cozy bed because the air is too cold.  Not today! Instead, I put on my sneakers, sweatpants & sweatshirt to stay warm.
  • Chugged a glass of water, brushed my teeth, and made a quick smoothie to drink on the drive (light chocolate soy milk, 1/2 a frozen banana & a tbsp. of PB)
  • Woke up at 5:30 ...got to the gym at 6 ...got back to my apartment at 7.  This left plenty of time to shower and get ready for work

...and I knew that I would
I did a fit test; one of those pre-programmed ones on the treadmill.  Basically you enter your age, weight, and sex.  Then the treadmill keeps you at a steady 3.6 speed for 12 minutes, increasing the incline from 0 to 12 along the way.  If your heart rate stays over 150 for more than one minute, the test terminates. Unfortunately, my fit test terminated at 11:26 so I don't know what kind of results are given at the end... Or come to think of it, maybe those were the results??  Anyway, after that I decided to see how long it would take me to run a mile.  Sheesh! I didn't realize how totally out of shape I am.  I couldn't go more than half a mile before stopping to walk (...and I was really pushing myself).  In the end, I completed 1 mile in 11 minutes and 58 seconds.

...so good! so good! I've got youuuuu

2 comments: