Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Slow and Steady

gym rat
Weeee! I did NOT want to go to the gym AT ALL today!!! My motivation and energy were at dangerously low levels.  I'm not kidding when I say that I sat in my car -- in the gym parking lot -- for well over before finally deciding to suck it up and workout... But I must say, I'm super happy that I did because I nailed my 5k training.  Andddd I noticed that it is getting the teeniest tiniest bit easier to jog a mile.  I'm starting to learn the importance of pace.  In the past I've been too impatient/ambitious and wind up tiring myself out within the first 100 meters; I guess there really is merit in the expression: "slow and steady wins the race."

today's workout

  • easy 1 mile warm-up
  • sprint 100 meters
  • walk 100 meters
  • repeat sprint/walk combo 5 times

No comments:

Post a Comment