Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

WW Week #5

Just wanted to give you a quick update on the double double-u (WW).  Are these updates annoying?  They started as a way to stay accountable, but now I really enjoy writing them.  At the same time, I worry that they come off as shallow/self-important.  So just say the word and I'll "unsubscribe" you from boring weight updates :)

Anyway...

Today is the end of Week #5.  To be honest, I was NOT looking forward to this morning's weigh in because my sister and I stuffed our faces with SO. MUCH. FOOD. this weekend.  According to my points tracker, I consumed 85 points on Sunday alone. That's a lot!  To put it in perspective, I only get 28 points a day and 49 flex points per week.  So on Sunday I consumed more than my daily and weekly allowance combined. Thankfully I was able to redeem myself because today, November 20th 2013... drumroll please... the scale was down (!!)

WEEK #5 RESULTS: - 0.8 pounds :)
OVERALL RESULTS: -9.7 pounds

So there's that.  I'm really pleased with my progress.  However looking in the mirror, I can't see much of a difference yet.  My clothes seem to be the only indication that I am, in fact, losing weight (i.e. this morning I was able to wear my belt on a tighter loop).

  • I am 7.9 pounds away from my next goal weight
  • I am 11.7 pounds away from being in the "normal" weight range.  Right now I am classified as overweight - exactly in the middle of "normal" and "obese"
  • It's crazy to think that exactly 1 year ago I was considered obese (eek!).  But that is neither here nor there.
  • 5 weeks down, 7 weeks to go...

Onward and downward!

No comments:

Post a Comment