Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Grocery Store Adventures: Fig Edition

[FIG. 1] fig #1 ...see what I did there ;)

How have I gone 21 years without ever trying a fresh fig!?  Today after the gym* I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some fruits and veggies.  Just as I was about to checkout, a 'for sale' sign caught my eye.  Upon further investigation, I discovered that the commodity in question was none other than the fig fruit.  Feeling adventurous, I decided to give the figs a try. I'm really glad I did because these little guys are amazing! Is there a fig fan club? And if so, where can I sign up? I tried to take pictures (fig. 1) but unfortunately a camera cannot capture the sweet and succulent deliciousness of a fig.

fig 101
It's weird to think that just a few short hours ago I knew absolutely nothing about figs.  Now I consider myself a seasoned expert thanks to the world wide web...



*Like how I casually threw in the fact that I went to gym? #NBD

No comments:

Post a Comment